The great thing about modern living is that we have advanced machines to do our dirty work for us. With the iRobot Roomba 870, that’s actually taking it literally. Now you have a robot that can clean your floors and furniture.
When we talk about robots, we’re not human-like gadgets like C-3PO in Star Wars. The iRobot Roomba 870 isn’t even close to that description. In fact, at first glance it looks like some sort of dog bowl. It measures almost 14 inches in diameter and 3.6 inches in height, and it also weighs just 8.4 pounds.
Yet, technically speaking, it is a robot. And it can vacuum your floor on its own.
Features of the iRobot Roomba 870
The iRobot Roomba 870 is a vacuum cleaner. But it’s not your parent’s vacuum cleaner at all.
- Let’s start with its movements. It comes with sensors that map out the room it’s in. So it doesn’t bump into furniture at all, and you won’t have to worry about damaging antique tables and chairs. It has soft edges so that in rare instances when it bumps into something, it doesn’t do any damage. It can sense floor edges so it doesn’t come out tumbling over the stairs. It also comes with the Virtual Wall feature, so it will only clean the areas you want it too. But that’s not all. It moves quickly, so it can clean rooms in half the time compared to its competitors. And it can end up right in its docket when it’s done.
- Its suction power is truly superb, and that’s due to what Roomba calls the AeroForce system. The suction power is 5 times more powerful than others, and it is able to remove as much as 50% more dirt and dust. And you don’t have to worry that the round design can’t get at corners.
- It has extendable cleaners that can do just that. The debris bin comes with an indicator showing how full it is, and emptying this bin only takes a few seconds. It also comes with tangle-free extractors, while the HEPA-style Filter traps dirt as small as a single micron.
- It’s programmable to clean every day and at the times you want. Or you can just press a button to get it to clean. Once it starts, its own AI can detect various different floor surfaces and uses set cleaning programs accordingly.
- It’s also battery-operated. One advantage of that is that you won’t have electrical cables to deal with, and the 870 can also last for quite a while. It’s also very quiet.
Pros and Cons
Essentially, you have a gadget that can clean up after you, which can be a relief when you live with messy kids and pets and you come back home from work. You can just relax while the iRobot Roomba 870 does the floor vacuuming for you. It’s easy to use, it’s durable, and it really does the job.
Of course, it’s not the most advanced Roomba model from iRobot. Those models also come with multi room navigation, and they can recharge and resume cleaning on their own. The most expensive ones can even work on carpets.
If you just want to have a gadget clean a room at time, and you don’t have any tough carpets to deal with, the iRobot Roomba 870 is ideal. You have the advanced features you need, while you save money by not getting models with more advanced features that you don’t need anyway.Get the iRobot Roomba 870, and you’ll find a much cleaner floor even if your pets are shedding all over the place. This is one vacuum cleaner that’s truly worth every cent.